Saturday, October 31, 2009

The Night of the Vampire

Okay, I realize I've slacked off majorly on my attempt to do a new horror related blog every day in October.  What can I say, I just got bogged down with other stuff.  Anyway, tonight I found out that Roky Erickson, one of my all time favorite musicians and horror rockers, was playing a show in Detroit.  This is about the closest this living legend has come to Cleveland in a long ass time.  Had I known, I would gladly have driven, or even walked, to see this show.  Interestingly enough, my brother and my friend Charles (owner of My Mind's Eye Records, best record store in Cleveland) were both going to this show, and neither one thought to mention it to me.  But I digress.




The reason I rate Roky at the top of the horror rock heap is because he sings this shit like he really and truly believes it.  Here he is from 2007 doing one of his classic songs, "Night of the Vampire".  If you're reading this on Facebook, click on the "view original post" link to see the video clip.



No comments: