Sunday, October 04, 2009

Grave Robbing for Jesus

For the past 5 years I sang for Cleveland horror rock band Horror of '59, so this will be the first Halloween weekend in quite a while that I won't be spending in a club playing music.  On the one hand it's kind of nice to be able to relax and just enjoy the holiday, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't kind of miss it.  One of the things I miss the most now that my band is broken up is getting to watch the other cool horror rock bands we shared bills with.

One of my favorite bands that we played with several times (although never on Halloween, strangely enough) is Fort Wayne, Indiana's Grave Robber.  Aside from their excellent songwriting and musicianship, the one thing that stands out about these guys is that they are a Christian band.  The message is there once you know to look for it, but it never comes across as in your face or preachy, which is good for a dyed in the wool heathen like myself.  Check 'em out in this Youtube clip performing the song "Altered States" from their most recent album Inner Sanctum.  If you're reading this on my Facebook page, be sure to click the "view original post" link to see the video.




1 comment:

WRETCHED said...

Thanx, Bob!!
Wretched